102″ Challenger Designs Outdoor Kitchen
We like to dub this design the “Cape” model, as it pays homage to our city of Cape Coral, Florida, and has all of the things you would need to entertain in sunny Florida, or anywhere for that matter.
If you’re not familiar with Challenger, their cabinets are all aluminum construction, made in the U.S.A and carry a lifetime warranty. This model features a Silver Vein Top with Grey Glimmer Doors/Panels. There are approximately 16 color combinations, samples are available to ship on request.
- This unit starts with an 18″ base for your Delta Heat Double Side Burner, with storage available on the bottom.
- The next base is 36″ which houses your 32″ Delta Heat Grill. The grill is also Made in the U.S and comes with a Lifetime Warranty. You can get both natural gas or propane. With propane, you can easily fit the tank below the grill and still have half of the cabinet for storage. If going with natural gas, you would have the full 36″ to use as storage.
- Next up is the 12″ door unit, with two built in shelves, perfect for all of the small items you may want to store. The sink is next, which measures in at 24″, it does not have a shelf due to the plumbing, but has plenty of storage on the base of the unit, similar to under your kitchen sink.
- Lastly is the 18″ wastebasket unit. This has a pull out drawer on top, along with a pull out trash can on the bottom, perfect size and easy to remove so that you can empty and even clean out.
What to Expect if I Order This?
With this or any custom unit the process is pretty straightforward and we are with you every step of the way. Any design we do can be customized to fit your space, with the colors you like. For the sake of simplicity we will assume you fell in love with this unit and could not wait to order.
- Once the order is placed, you will get a call from us within 24 hours. We will confirm the details, go over any questions and discuss colors. If you would like to go over actual samples, we overnight them to you and give our advice based off your house color, and the other units we have done.
- Once the color is selected and signed off on, it goes to production. This takes roughly 4-5 weeks. The unit ships for free via common carrier and arrives in a crate. Not to worry the crate comes apart easily, and the unit comes in about 6 boxes. Each box in itself can be lifted fairly easily, as the aluminum does not make any particular unit very heavy.
- Around the same time, we arrange for the shipment of the grill, the side burner and the sink. The grill comes fully assembled and just needs to be unboxed, the same with the side burner.
- We will walk you through the install process, if you take your time and do it right, expect it to take 3-4 hours. It is very simple and straightforward, but important to make sure the cabinets stay level as you screw them together. The entire unit has adjustable legs that you can adjust in the event of an uneven floor. You will also need a 1-¼”, 2” and 2-½” hole saw bit, sizes may vary based off plumbing pipe sizes. Aluminum cuts very easily and the holes can easily be made with any general purpose hole saw bit. If you’re curious as to how an install may go, please check out this video put out directly by Challenger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynC6cm68s7s&t=690s. We also supply our buyers with a document that was created by one of our installers for our local installs.
- Once assembled, the appliances drop right in, then you simply need to connect your lines and electric (one standard 110 plug needed nearby), hook up your plumbing and you’re set and ready to go.